Fall is my favorite time of the year! Pumpkin season. Sweater weather. Nature at its finest.
My goal this year is to enjoy each day of the fall season, whether it be taking a walk in the cool air, making apple butter in the crockpot, adding fall details to the home decor, or burning a vanilla-scented candle. Being stuck in the house all summer due to the high temperatures in our area, fall time is the perfect time for me to get out of the house and enjoy nature. Perhaps these ideas will inspire you to spend some extra time outdoors this fall:
1. Take a nightly stroll with your family.
2. Plant a fall garden
3. Have a barbeque with friends at a nearby park.
4. Visit local Little Free Libraries (www.littlefreelibrary.org)
5. Bundle up and read a book in the backyard hammock.
6. Grab your camera and practice photographing fall plants and flower.
7. Enjoy hot tea or cocoa on the porch with a friend.
8. Visit a pumpkin patch.
9. Go for a hayride.
10. Find a quiet place outside and record some thoughts in your gratitude journal.
11. Sketch some nature images in a notebook.
12. Build a bonfire and eat s’mores.
13. Visit a National Park.
14. Go for a drive to view the fall leaves.
15. Slow down. Take a moment to enjoy the sights, sounds, and smells of fall everywhere you go.
There are so many ways to enjoy the great outdoors during the fall season. Feel free to share your favorite ideas in the comment section below!