Listen. I know what it’s like to have picky kids at the dinner table.
Do yourself a favor and check out these five fun fall food ideas that will have even the pickiest of kids asking for more!
Owl Veggie Tray
- Pull out a large cutting board and let the kids put together a vegetable owl. They are bound to eat some veggies in the process! Fill ramekins or cups with vegetable dip, fresh pesto, or salad dressing. A nibble here, a nibble there, and the veggies will be gone before you know it. (I’ve seen it work with my own eyes!)
Fun and Colorful Ramekins
2. Don’t just serve up cobbler in fun ramekins. Try serving soup or rice or veggies in these fun dishes and watch your child’s face light up! Discount stores often stock fun and colorful ramekins and other types of dishes. They will be worth whatever price you pay for them. Trust me on that one!
3. Infused water is, well, irresistable! Our family’s favorite infused water for the fall season is apple cinnamon.
Fill a pitcher with water.
Toss in a few apple slices, a cinnamon stick, and some ice.
Let sit for 20 minutes.
Pour into glasses and enjoy!
4. Apple pie is fun to eat, but it’s also fun to make! Don your apron and let your kids join you in making an apple pie this season. Don’t aim at perfection, rather, enjoy your time together in the kitchen. Buy a prepared pastry dough if you’re not up to making one from scratch. Pull out the apples and spices and relish in the way your house smells as the pie is baking in the oven.
Not up to baking a pie? Any ol’ recipe will do.
A New Recipe
5. Soup. A mainstay for the fall season. Pull up some new soup recipes online (or refer to an old-fashioned cookbook or magazine) and let your child select a new soup recipe to try for lunch or dinner.
If they are part of the decision-making process, chances are they’ll like the results.
Have some fun food ideas for how to get the pickiest of eaters to eat?
Please share them in the comment section below!
For more fun fall food ideas, see this post.