• dog

Making a difference

MAKING A DIFFERENCE   She came prancing right up to us, a pink bow placed perfectly behind each ear, and my kids couldn’t have been more delighted! She was the prettiest dog I’ve ever seen––small, fair, silky long hair. She swept across the floor of the store with what appeared…

• FREE St. Patrick's Day Love Notes Printable For Kids

FREE St. Patrick’s Day Love Notes

What better way to begin St. Patrick’s Day than with some holiday note cards? Surprise your children by tucking a note with their lunch, on their pillow, or on their bedroom mirror–a simple and inexpensive way of saying, “I love you”! No children at home? Why not place individual cards…

• An afternoon in the park poetry flower bee

An Afternoon In The Park

As one who is passionate about genuine connection, I found it impossible to hide my delight recently while spending an afternoon in the park. Children were seen everywhere–on the playground, at the ball courts, barefoot in the grass. But what really made my heart smile was the sight of the…

• the-profound-impact-of-ones-name

The Profound Impact Of One’s Name

Have you ever stopped to wonder about the beauty and power of a name?   Each name has a story.   Maybe you were named after a grandparent, your mom’s best friend, or a character in your dad’s favorite movie. Or perhaps you weren’t named after anyone at all. It could…

• life changing shared stories

The Life-Changing Effect of Shared Stories

Our Beautiful And Painful Stories   Some time ago, a friend mentioned that she loves sitting with people who are authentic and vulnerable, showing her what love looks like. I soon found myself doing exactly that, and loving every minute of it! It was a weekend of authenticity, connection, shared…

• The actions that define us refugees

Refugees: The Actions That Define Us

Some time ago I found myself in the company of twenty-one refugees and individuals who, in one way or another, are assisting refugees. Being a refugee may be a defining moment in the lives of those who are refugees, but being a refugee does not define them. Like countless thousands before them,…

• Judge Not: A Hard Lesson Learned

“Thou Shalt Not Judge” is a lesson I tend to learn over and over again.   The following experience happened to our family last year and still weighs on my mind: “Here’s my money, Mom,” my daughter said, smiling as she handed me two large bills, “I want to give…

• Seeking common ground airplane

Seeking Common Ground

Opportunities for seeking common ground often present themselves in unexpected ways.   Recently, I flipped through the pages of a religious magazine that was hiding in a stack of magazines in our living room and was stunned by what I read. The pages were filled with scripture, inspiring words, and…