• tea-party-discussion

How To Host A Tea Party Discussion In Your Home

Last year my girls and I hosted our first Tea Party Discussion. We invited a few friends and neighbors to our home and kept the preparation simple. TEA PARTY DETAILS The girls decorated the tables with fresh flowers and handmade place cards, which added a personalized touch to the room.…

• meet your neighbors

Meet Your Neighbors: An Adventure Awaits

Meet your neighbors.   It sounds intimidating.   Trust me–I know!   As an introvert, I get all nervous and shaky inside when it comes to introducing myself to strangers.   Nervous as Peter Rabbit in Mr. McGregor’s vegetable garden. Shaky as a lone brittle leaf hanging from a gnarled…

• Family Traditions

Family Traditions: Making This Holiday Season A Special One

He was from Germany. His English was limited, but he needed assistance, so he made his way to the church where my father led a congregation. After a short visit with the man, my father learned that he was alone in our country, his family still in Germany. After making…

• 25 Simple Ways to Warm Hearts in your Community

After a heart-wrenching week of record-breaking violence and death in our country, I came across the following comment online:   “the world surely needs their hearts warmed. I look at what has happened in the last week in Ohio and Texas, and I certainly cannot discredit the notion that exposure…

• david goliath

Giants, Then and Now: Becoming a Covenant-Keeping People

One day, in the midst of an election season, my 8-year-old son asked if, as a family, we could study the Old Testament. At first, I thought he was joking. He wasn’t. So we started on a slow and steady journey through the Old Testament, all the while feeling sure…

• last ounce of courage

The Fight For Freedom Deserves Our Last Ounce Of Courage

The evening began with bowls of warm chili and trembling, nervous tummies.   True, my children had spent the past few weeks in great anticipation of this Chili Dinner and Talent Show, but now that their turn to perform was quickly approaching, they were having second thoughts.   “What have we gotten ourselves into?”…

• a-celebration-of-america-patriotic-roundup

Celebrate America: Patriotic Roundup

July will be here before we know it and with it a desire for those in America to celebrate the birth of our nation—-Independence Day! Below are links to my favorite resources to inspire you and your family during our most patriotic month. Enjoy!   ** This post contains affiliate…

• dog

Making a difference

MAKING A DIFFERENCE   She came prancing right up to us, a pink bow placed perfectly behind each ear, and my kids couldn’t have been more delighted! She was the prettiest dog I’ve ever seen––small, fair, silky long hair. She swept across the floor of the store with what appeared…

• FREE St. Patrick's Day Love Notes Printable For Kids

FREE St. Patrick’s Day Love Notes

Holidays provide the perfect opportunity to connect with others in meaningful ways. What better way to begin St. Patrick’s Day than with some holiday note cards? Surprise your children by tucking a note with their lunch, on their pillow, or on their bedroom mirror–a simple and inexpensive way of saying,…

• An afternoon in the park poetry flower bee

An Afternoon In The Park

As one who is passionate about genuine connection, I found it impossible to hide my delight recently while spending an afternoon in the park. Children were seen everywhere–on the playground, at the ball courts, barefoot in the grass. But what really made my heart smile was the sight of the…