• Enjoy the little things

Enjoy The Little Things

Happy.   It’s a word we each hope will describe our life. Fortunately, happiness is within the reach of each one of us if we’ll but take hold of it and refuse to let it go, regardless of our current circumstances. I recall a time many years ago when I…

• Eyes window to soul

The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul

Our eyes, the window to the soul, have the power to build or to destroy.   Recently a young man posted on social media that he is struggling with severe isolation. In addition to being neglected by friends and family, he feels invisible when out in public. He’ll walk through…

• The Golden Rule

CONVERSATION DURING CAR RIDE EN ROUTE TO THE EVENT She was nervous and didn’t want to go, and I didn’t blame her. Truth was, I was nervous too. These types of events always force us out of our comfort zones, and this case was proving to be excruciatingly difficult. “But…

• yellow rose

An Awkward Interruption

God interrupted me today.   Sometimes His awkward interruptions make no sense to me. I had just purchased the most beautiful yellow roses to take to a friend. It was to be a surprise. As I walked to my car, with flowers in hand, I found myself thinking about how…

• Worth The Effort: An Evening Spent With The Homeless

The best things in life take effort on our part.   Standing in the back yard on a beautiful fall afternoon, it occurred to me how wonderful it would be to not have any obligations that day…to just be able to stay at home and relax. But no, we had committed to provide…