• the-profound-impact-of-ones-name

The Profound Impact Of One’s Name

Have you ever stopped to wonder about the beauty and power of a name?   Each name has a story.   Maybe you were named after a grandparent, your mom’s best friend, or a character in your dad’s favorite movie. Or perhaps you weren’t named after anyone at all. It could…

• life changing shared stories

The Life-Changing Effect of Shared Stories

Our Beautiful And Painful Stories   Some time ago, a friend mentioned that she loves sitting with people who are authentic and vulnerable, showing her what love looks like. I soon found myself doing exactly that, and loving every minute of it! It was a weekend of authenticity, connection, shared…

• The actions that define us refugees

Refugees: The Actions That Define Us

Some time ago I found myself in the company of twenty-one refugees and individuals who, in one way or another, are assisting refugees. Being a refugee may be a defining moment in the lives of those who are refugees, but being a refugee does not define them. Like countless thousands before them,…

• Judge Not: A Hard Lesson Learned

“Thou Shalt Not Judge” is a lesson I tend to learn over and over again.   The following experience happened to our family last year and still weighs on my mind:   JUDGE NOT “Here’s my money, Mom,” my daughter said, smiling as she handed me two large bills, “I…

• Seeking common ground airplane

Seeking Common Ground

Opportunities for seeking common ground often present themselves in unexpected ways.   Recently, I flipped through the pages of a religious magazine that was hiding in a stack of magazines in our living room and was stunned by what I read. The pages were filled with scripture, inspiring words, and…

• Enjoy the little things

Enjoy The Little Things

Happy.   It’s a word we each hope will describe our life. Fortunately, happiness is within the reach of each one of us if we’ll but take hold of it and refuse to let it go, regardless of our current circumstances. I recall a time many years ago when I…

• Eyes window to soul

The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul

Our eyes, the window to the soul, have the power to build or to destroy.   Recently a young man posted on social media that he is struggling with severe isolation. In addition to being neglected by friends and family, he feels invisible when out in public. He’ll walk through…

• Authentic life

31 Days To An Authentic Life

Welcome to 31 Days to an Authentic Life!   Authenticity. We crave it. We long for relationships that are authentic–genuine, real, true– but are often unsure how to go about creating them.   ON A JOURNEY TOWARDS AN AUTHENTIC LIFE How does one actually LIVE an authentic life on a…