Bio: My name is Gina Badalaty and I’ve been a blogger since, believe it or not, 2002! Currently, my blog is Embracing Imperfect, where I write about raising two daughters with disabilities. My purpose is to help and encourage moms who struggle with tips, helpful science, and inspiration, as well as finding self-help and firing up their faith. I’m also passionate about holistic health, essential oils, and non-toxic products. I live in PA with my husband of over 20 years, my girls, and our “therapy” cat. Currently, I’m writing a Christian book to help moms raising a child with severe autism.
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
1) What is your favorite color?
Don’t really have one but if I had to pick, I’d say teal
2) What is your favorite food?
Chocolate cupcakes – gluten-free ones taste better!
3) What are your hobbies?
Reading and high impact workouts
4) Are you an introvert or extrovert?
A little of both, although I was 100% introvert in the beginning
5) Are you a dreamer or a go-getter?
Mostly a dreamer but I’m working on it
6) What are you most passionate about?
My faith, my family, helping moms raising kids with autism
7) What book has influenced you the most?
I know it sounds cliche but the Bible. I get all I need there.
8) How do you cope with stressful situations?
Prayer, scripture, relaxing essential oils and Epsom salt baths. I think it’s critical to take a step back whenever stress starts to pile on to avoid overwhelm.
9) Do you enjoy your job? Why, or why not?
I am a freelance writer and I love what I do! I have been writing since my youth but the world of blogging allowed me to move into this field as a career. I am gifted for it, and enjoy sharing what I know to help others.
10) What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
Worked on a Troma Film as a production assistant.
11) What life-changing event have you experienced?
Over 20 years ago, I had a stroke. I was blessed that I had a 100% recovery, but it’s impacted everything! Life is too short so do your best to make your way to life you love. Because of this experience, I went on to have a family and embrace my dream of becoming a freelance writer.
12) What do people constantly misunderstand about you?
People think I’m happy and content all the time. They don’t know that I DO have a temper, but I try (and definitely fail at times) to keep it to righteous issues.
13) Do you have a favorite place in the world? Where is it?
14) What three words would your friends use to describe you?
Joyful, happy, encouraging
15) Who is the person with whom you can talk about anything?
My friend Kylie
16) What message would you like to share with the rest of the world?
That God loves you, exactly as you are, and wants you so He can keep you safe and joyful.
17) If you could go back five years in your life, what advice would you give yourself?
There was an issue that was a problem 5 years ago that has come back. I would tell myself that I have the strength and support to handle, so NOT to look back – go do what you need to! You’ll be ok and better for it.
Gina would love to hear from you! Contact her at the link below:
EVERYONE HAS A SHARE: WHAT’S YOUR STORY?