QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
1) What is your favorite color?
2) What is your favorite food?
3) Are you an introvert or extrovert?
I am an “extroverted” introvert. I enjoy going to parties and being social, but still need time at home to recharge.
4) Are you a dreamer or a go-getter?
I am a go-getter. When I set a goal, I go all in!
5) What are you most passionate about?
I am passionate about encouraging others to #holdthesemoments. It is hard to present with your family in our world of distractions. The goal of my blog is to provide tips and inspirational quotes that enable us to appreciate life as it happens.
6) What book has influenced you the most?
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. As a kid, that book showed me the importance of love and bravery amongst injustice and hate.
7) What do you do to relax at the end of a long week?
I enjoy leisurely strolls through Target with my family while enjoying a Starbucks drink.
8) What is your favorite motivational quote?
The best things in life are not things, they are moments. -Unknown
9) What trial have you overcome or are in the process of overcoming?
When I was 29, I went through a divorce. It was difficult, but with the support of my family and friends, I made it through. Now I am re-married and have a wonderful son. Remember that nothing is permanent and struggles are steps forward!
10) Do you enjoy your job? Why, or why not?
I am currently a stay-at-home mom. I enjoy every minute of it!
11) What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
I used to be very afraid of heights, so when my husband asked me to go sky-diving, I laughed at him. But after some convincing, I went for it. It was exhilarating! As a result, I am no longer afraid of heights!
12) Share a life-changing event you have experienced:
Having my son has been a very life-changing experience. Becoming a parent enables you to see the world in a whole new way. Life is not about you anymore, it’s about this little person that I helped to create!
13) What do people constantly misunderstand about you?
I tend to come off as shy at first. Consequently, I think that can cause people to think that I am closed off and unfriendly. Once you get to know me, however, my extroverted side comes out!
14) Do you have a favorite place in the world? Where is it?
15) What three words would your friends use to describe you?
Loyal, Sarcastic, Driven
16) Who has been a role model to you? How?
My mother. She has always been able to do it all. For example, at one point, she was working full time as a teacher, a booster club president, and a girl scout troop leader. While also being a wife and mother. She is amazing!
17) Who is the person with whom you can talk about anything?
19) What message would you like to share with the rest of the world?
Focus on what you have right now. Be present with your family. Time is very precious and fleeting.
20) If you could go back five years in your life, what advice would you give yourself?
I would tell myself to keep working towards my goals. Life has great things in store.
Rachel would love to hear from you! Contact her at the links below:
EVERYONE HAS A SHARE: WHAT’S YOUR STORY?
CHALLENGE: Ask someone you know little about questions about their life. Discover something that you have in common.