QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
1) What is your favorite color?
I love fresh neutrals and soft pinks.
2) What is your favorite food?
It’s a toss-up between Thai and Pizza
3) Are you an introvert or extrovert?
I’m somewhere in the middle, but do lean towards being an introvert.
4) Are you a dreamer or a go-getter?
I’m definitely a dreamer. My head is always in the future. Luckily my husband is an action man or nothing would get done.
5) What are you most passionate about?
I am most passionate about hearing and sharing other people’s stories. Our stories are powerful in the hand of God.
6) Name a book that has influenced you the most:
7) What do you do to relax at the end of a long week?
At the end of a long week, we make family time a priority. We watch movies, read books and snuggle.
8) Share your favorite motivational quote:
“Your past does not define your future.”
I used to believe the lie that my past disqualified me from the future I desired. So thankful that through God’s grace and love I came to believe the truth that we are all loved, chosen, highly favored and forgiven.
9) What trial have you overcome or are in the process of overcoming?
I was adopted as a baby. Whilst it was an incredible gift to be rescued from the situation I was in, I struggled for years with feelings of rejection, unworthiness and shame as I wrestled through the circumstances around my adoption. Thankfully God redeemed my story and I am able to encourage others who struggle with their identity and worth. I go into more detail about my testimony on my blog.
10) Do you enjoy your job? Why, or why not?
I LOVE my job. I love that I get to love people and share the heart of God week in and week out.
We left a safe, secure job and home to move to another city to plant a church with four other couples. Our friends and family thought we were crazy! Its been a wild journey, but so worth it!
12) Share a life-changing event you have experienced:
Becoming a mother. Through parenting and loving my own children I was able to understand the father heart of God.
13) What do people constantly misunderstand about you?
That being fun, positive and choosing humility doesn’t mean that I’m shallow or lack intelligence.
16) Do you have a favorite place in the world? Where is it?
17) What three words would your friends use to describe you?
Passionate, Relational, Encouraging
18) Who has been a role model to you? How?
Working in full-time ministry has meant that I have had the privilege of interacting with countless brave and courageous Jesus loving women. Each one of these ladies has revealed an aspect of Gods heart for His people and has inspired me in my own Christian walk.
My Husband. He is my biggest fan.
Ephesians 1:5 “he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will”
22) What message would you like to share with the rest of the world?
Don’t discount your value based on your past. God sees you as whole and capable of the tasks He has called you to. He will equip you as you step out in faith and obedience.
23) If you could go back five years in your life, what advice would you give yourself?
Do what you feel called to even if you have to do it afraid.
Kerry would love to hear from you! Contact her at the link below:
EVERYONE HAS A SHARE: WHAT’S YOUR STORY?
CHALLENGE: Ask someone you know little about questions about their life. Discover something that you have in common.